A beat making software is a blessing for those who wish to create musical tunes both as their passion and profession. High-end music creation programs come at an outrageous cost, which does not suit everybody’s budget.
In such scenarios using an excellent free music maker software can help you live your passion without putting an unwanted strain on your pocket. Thankfully, there are several best free software available to make Beat, which does not carry a huge price tag but at the same time, does not compromise on essential functionalities.
Further, in this blog, we will discuss some of the top Beat making software for Windows and Mac systems that are suitable for both beginners and more seasoned music composers.
So let’s get started.
Table of Contents show
Best Beat Making Software For Windows & Mac In 2022
If you call yourself a music lover, check out our curated list below to know about the best software to create your own high-quality music beats.
1. Magix Music Maker – Compatible With Windows
Compatibility:- Windows 7 or above
Magix Music Maker is one of the most popular apps for fabricating beats for your music piece. It is most suited for beginners and is widely used across the globe.
So if you are new to music-making and have a rough idea about beats and tune creation, Magix Music Maker is what you need. It is mainly designed for the Windows platform and comes with several useful and advanced functionalities. Download it today to create impressive sound effects and beats.
Read Also: Best Audio Recording Software For Windows
It can run effortlessly on a 521 MB graphic and 2GB RAM card device and can create different types of sound pools.
As an added advantage, it also has a music tutorial for beginners. All-in-all it is one of the best music making software for PC, which can find in the market currently.
- In-app tutorials
- Availability of 17 drum kits and 200 patterns
- Song maker AI with 8 soundpools and 49 song templates
- Customizable user interface
- Hardware integration with visual feedback, feature mapping, and one-shots
2. Ableton Live – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- macOS, Windows
Price:- Intro costs $79, Standard costs $359, Suite costs $599
Next in the list of Beat Making Software For Windows is Ableton Live. To start with, you can opt for its free trial and switch on to its paid version later on.
You can download it from its official website and enjoy its premium offerings and features. Using this music maker software is exceptionally easy and gives you a music studio experience on your home PC.
So, what are you waiting for download it today to generate awesome beat sounds.
- 3 high-end sound instruments, namely Upright Piano, Brass Quartet, and String Quartet
- Voice Box, Mood Reel, and Drone Lab sound packs
- 6 instruments and sound effects inspired by Nature
- Supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)
- Link Tracks option to edit multiple soundtracks simultaneously
3. FL Studio – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- Windows 8.1 or later, macOS
Price:- $99 for Fruity Edition, $199 for Producer Edition, $399 for All Plugins Edition
Polish your songs with best beat music. Use FL Studios to turn your musical ideas into striking hits. It offers an excellent way to capitalize on your love for music and is highly trusted by people of all ages.
It is, without a doubt, one of the most stunning software that can enhance the quality of beats and sound effects of your song. For those who are still in their learning stages, can study the work of their ideals.
Create your music tracks, beats, tones, and tunes with this fantastic tool.
- Over 66 effects
- 3 audio editor plugins (Edison, Newtime, and Newtone)
- 33 instruments such as Autogun, BassDrum, etc.
- Video and visual tools like Wave Candy, etc.
4. orDrumbox – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- Windows, macOS, Linux
Loaded with several advanced and optimized features, orDrumbox is a good pick for creating unique music pieces. It comes with a user-friendly and straightforward interface that promises effortless usage.
In addition to Windows and Mac OS, it also works seamlessly well on Linux OS. OrdrumBOX not only helps you in creating your music but also helps in editing music beat files and saving your final creation. Moreover, you can even upload your files on OrdrumBox for others to view and rate your songs.
With its extraordinary features, OrdrumBOX is becoming a trend among passionate music lovers and should not be missed at any cost.
- Availability of drag and drop option
- Option to add time-saving loop points for automating longer tracks
- Automatic composition tool
- Import tool to get drum kits, adjust gate and pitch, and apply BP or LP filters
5. MuseScore – Windows and Mac OS
Compatibility:- Windows, Linux, macOS, iPadOS, iOS, Android
Price:- Free version, $49 for Pro version
This is another quite famous and excellent Beat Maker Software. Its magnificent list of features makes it an outstanding tool among music lovers.
Two of its most different offerings are one it comes with an attractive and straightforward UI, and second, it provides all necessary learning tools that are essential for any beginner. MuseScore offers an easy and convenient way to create music beats and is a must-have for all fascinated by music.
Use it to record and edit your recordings, and you can download the final piece in your desired format like OGG, Wav, etc.
- Supports input through MIDI keyboard
- Transfer from and to other programs through MIDI, MusicXML, etc.
- Style management
- Insertion of lyrics
- Time and key signatures
- Export music sheets to formats like PNG and OGG
Compatibility:- Linux, Windows, macOS
If you are looking for a free yet incredible beat making software for your PC, then look no further LMMS can be a good pick for you. In addition to Windows and Mac OS platforms, it is also compatible with Linux.
The graphics interface provided by LMMS is of average level, but its high-end features and functionalities compensate well for this. If needed, you can also access its voluminous database of sample tunes while recording music and creating beats. OGG, Wav, etc. are different formats in which you can download your final creation.
- Modern and easy to use
- 16 synthesizers available for free
- Supports both MIDI and typing keyboard
- Instrument track consolidation with Beat+ Bassline Editor
- Piano Roll Editor to improve patterns, notes, chords, and melodies
- MIDI files and Hydrogen project files import
7. DrumFlow – Windows and Mac OS
Price:- Free version, $35
Next on our list of top beat maker software is Drumflow, and as its name suggests, it is used to create music beat files and various composure.
The only downside of this incredible tool is that it does not offer a high-end graphic-user interface but still pleases its users with its simple UI and an extensive list of functionalities. It has been in the market for quite some time now and is fully compatible with Mac OS and Windows systems.
The tool will surely help you capitalize on your love for music.
- In-built editor for the drum setup
- Custom percussion parts creation with drum adjustment
- Export of percussion parts to MIDI editor
- Tone and pitch adjustments
8. Garageband – Mac OS
Compatibility:- iPadOS, iOS, MacOS
Read More: Best Free Audio Sound Equalizer For Windows 10
Garageband is another impressive beat maker tool that you can use to create stunning music beats and sounds. It comes with remarkable features and an excellent Graphic UI.
The software is available only for Mac users. It also comes with a detailed guidebook, which you can use to learn to play the keyboard and guitar. It can also be used to remove noise extortion. Furthermore, you can also use it to scale the bass volume and set equalizers wherever required.
Overall, it’s a good option for Mac users.
- Neatly shown hip-hop, multitrack, blank project, and electronic options
- Easily editable Smart Drum Kits
- Supports a lot of advanced plugins
- High-end controls for automation
9. HammerHead Rhythm Station – Windows
If you are looking for a world-class software that can assist you in creating music and provide excellent features, then HammerHead can be a decent pick. For people who are new to this field can use its detailed guide for creating good music tracks and beats.
The software is only available for Windows users and helps make impressive music beats. All-in-all the software is worth a try.
- WAV import
- In-built drum synths
- Polyrhythms and polymeters support
- MIDI support
- Runs as an AUv3 plugin
10. Native Instruments Maschine MK2 – Windows and Mac
Compatibility:- Windows and macOS
Another excellent music maker software for Mac and Windows system is Native Instruments. It is a free tool and comes with a demo tutorial for easy use.
Read More: Best Music Player Apps For iPhone
It has an extensive music library and offers great functionalities that can assist you in creating stunning music pieces.
- Boasts a sample library containing over 6GB of sounds
- MASSIVE Synth Plug-in
- Multifunctional Master Push Encoder option
- Acts as a multi-effect unit, sequencer, VST/AU plug-in-host, sampler, and multi-effect tool
11. Sonic Producer
Compatibility:- MacOS, Windows
If you are looking for a basic level beat making software, then Sonic Producer can be a good pick. Although it’s overall functionality is far below from other well-known names, it still has a generous list of features to offer.
It works on both Mac and Windows systems and comes with several instructional videos for beginners.
- 4-octave keyboards and 12 customizable drum pads
- 16 channel mixer
- Direct uploads to Facebook
- A lot of sounds to select from
- Option to save a beat online and finish it later
12. BTV Solo – Mac and Windows
Compatibility:- Windows and MacOS
BTV Solo is a stand-alone software for all music lovers. Use it to create music beats, customize existing songs, and tweak individual music samples.
It comes with a host of useful editing tools, built-in mixers, drum kits, and sound effects. It’s clean and straightforward UI ensures its effortless working. Compatible with both Mac and Windows.
- MIDI keyboard support
- Highly customizable
- Drag and drop functionality
- Real-time export
- In-built sequencer based on pattern
- Patterns, songs, tracks, or individual pads sharing as 24-bit WAV files/studio quality 16
13. Dr. Drum – Digital Beat Making Software
Compatibility:- MacOS and Windows
Dr. Drum is a good choice for beginners who want to polish their music creation skills without spending a lot. It is a basic beat making software for Mac and Windows but comes with a massive array of features and offerings.
It is best suited for hobbyists who want to train themselves in music-making.
- 16 track sequencer
- 12 pad drum machine
- 4-octave keyboard
- Availability of training tutorials
Price:- Free to try Musink Lite, Musink Pro costs $60
The next free beat making software on our list is called Musink. Trusted by millions of composers, this tool comes with an easy to use notation editor that allows you to create beautiful music effortlessly. This software is available in two versions: Musink Lite & Musink Pro.
The paid version of Musink offers all the standard features along with a few advanced ones like template designer, looped playback, and MIDI devicerecordings.
If you want to give this incredibly designed music maker a try, you can download its free and premium version from the link given below.
- MIDI device support
- Import and export of MIDI files
- Snippet, scores, books, and MIDI files composition
- Support for looped playback
- Built-in template designer
- Auto layout mechanism
- Exportation of drum loops
15. Splice Beat Maker
Price:- $7.99 per month
Anyone who wants to create and share sequenced beats using tons of popular samples and loops should definitely get Splice Beat Maker software. With the help of this top beat generator software, you can edit the original sounds of your favorite artists(like KRNE, KSHMR, and more) with just a click of a button.
This online beat maker software is recommended for professional music beat creators who are used to working with such type of tools.
- Supports MIDI devices
- Filters based on genre, BPM, key, etc.
- Drag and drop downloading
- AI-powered searching, browsing, and sound syncing
Compatibility:- Windows 7 or higher
Cakewalk is one of the oldest beat making software. It has been in the market for more than 30 years now. The software offers a complete package for music production. You can easily compose, record, edit, mix, and share. Not only this the software has won many awards for its unique yet simple UI. Irrespective of your experience in the field you can easily adapt to the interface and use the software.
The software has no limit, you can have unlimited audio, MIDI, loop, instrument, and auxiliary track in the project. It offers a huge list of instruments that you can use in creating the song you like. Apart from this Cakewalk is the first software to offer a 64-bit mix engine.
The best part about this software is that it is available for free which means anyone who wishes to create music can use this software and easily create whatever they like. For using this software all you need to have is a PC with Windows 7 or above, 3GB disk space, 4GB RAM, and 1280X800 screen resolution.
- Useful help module
- Flexible layout, display settings, and color theme selection
- 64-bit mix engine and ProChannel
- MIDI support
- Plug-in parameters adjustment via MIDI controllers
Final Words: Best Software to Create Your Own Music Beats (2022)
So, this is a well-researched rundown of the best beat making software for Mac and Windows that will help you polish your music-making skills. These software provides the much-needed platform to passionate music lovers; use one to record, edit, and save your creations.
Compare each of the aforementioned software and then choose the best-suited one to make different types of beats and music compositions. And, do subscribe to our Newsletter to stay updated and informed. Plus, follow us on social media platforms too. That’s all, as for now, we’ll come sooner with yet another tech blog to help you out. Till then, create your own beats!
- Magix Music Maker. Magix Music Maker is a popular beat-making application for your music needs, ideal for beginners. ...
- FL Studio. FL Studio is compatible with macOS and Windows 8.1. ...
- Cakewalk by BandLab. ...
- orDrumbox. ...
- MuseScore. ...
- Ableton Live. ...
- LMMS. ...
- HammerHead Rhythm Station.
Some of the best beat making software include Magix Music Maker, FL Studio, and Logic Pro. Each of these programs have simple interfaces and offer loops and samples you can use in your beat. Magix Music Maker is free, FL Studio has a free version, and Logic Pro is a paid program only available to Apple users.
- Best Overall: Native Instruments Maschine.
- Best for Hip Hop and Rap: Ableton Live.
- Best for Beginners: Image Line FL Studio.
- Best for Windows: Bitwig.
- Best Free: Apple GarageBand.
Soundtrap is an online music studio and one of our favorite online DAWs for making beats in our classrooms and in our workshops. Create, record & collaborate right in your browser for free with this powerful online DAW with absolutely no download required!
- Logic Pro. Logic Pro is the application for creating new instrumentals developed by Apple and is currently among the best DAWs for music production. ...
- Studio One. ...
- Reason Studios. ...
- FL Studio. ...
- Ableton Live.
The 7 Best Beat Making Apps for Android & iOS
- GarageBand. Price - Free. ...
- BeatMaker 3. Price - $26.99. ...
- Koala. ...
- Patterning 2. ...
- Endless. ...
- FL Studio Mobile. ...
- Splice Sounds. Price: $7.99 monthly subscription. ...
- Soundtrap. Price: £9.99 monthly subscription. ...
- Gismart Beat Maker. Price: Free. ...
- Intua. Price: $24.99, one-off purchase. ...
- Serato Studio. Price: $9.99 monthly subscription. ...
- ROLI Beatmaker Kit. ...
- MAGIX Music Maker. ...
- r-loops. r-loops was created by a group of sound designers with the aim to create innovative and diverse sound libraries for musicians. ...
- Looperman. ...
- Splice. ...
- Reddit. ...
- BBC Sound Effects. ...
- Bedroom Producers Blog. ...
- Point Blank.
BeatStars is a FREE music streaming and beat licensing platform designed for recording artists and songwriters to discover production music to record and write lyrics to.
Avid Pro Tools is the industry-standard music production software. According to Avid, more artists, music producers, and studios use Pro Tools than any other digital audio workspace on the market.
- FL Studio.
- Ableton Live.
- Magix Music Maker.
- Logic Pro.
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
Its a full software based studio setup. Here you'll find everything you'll need for beat making and song writing, minus the hardware stuff! Ableton is a great choice for a DAW. Many producers also use Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Cubase or Protools or Studio One.
DAW. A DAW (digital audio workstation) is software you can use to record, edit, and produce your beats. There are many DAWs on the market, so you'll need to do a bit of research to find which is the best for you.
A digital audio workstation, or DAW, is an electronic device or piece of software for digital music creation. Popular DAW's are Ableton Live, Pro Tools, FL Studio and Logic Pro X. Additionally music producers will use virtual instruments (VST's) in these DAW's.
DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
Here you can find the best DAWs of 2021. Most DAWs, like Ableton Live 11, come packed with sounds, synths, and effects – basically everything you need to start making music. So basically, you can open your laptop, start Ableton Live 11 and make music right away.
GarageBand also happens to be one of the easiest platforms to use for making great music. It allows you to create a song with up to 255 tracks and even offers a virtual session drummer.
- CREATE SHARE-WORTHY CONTENT. ...
- FIND YOUR TARGET MARKET AND AIM TOWARDS THEM. ...
- TELL YOUR STORY AND BE 100% AUTHENTIC. ...
- NETWORK WITH INFLUENCERS AND ADD VALUE TO THEM. ...
- GROWTH HACK YOUR WAY TO FAME. ...
- DON'T CONCENTRATE ONLY ON THE ENDGAME. ...
- USE YOUR CONNECTIONS. ...
- beatmakerdrill. 311 views.
- bestbeatmakersworld. 69.2K views.
- bestbeatmker. 12 views.
- best_machine_for_drilling. 185 views.
- bestbeatfr. 83 views.
- bestbeataudios. 1350 views.
- beatmakersbest. 0 views.
- best_beataudios. 275 views.
Many small labels cannot afford the steep sample clearance rates. While there are no standard fees, the music publisher usually require: an upfront "advance" payment (which could be anywhere between $250 and $5,000), and. a percentage of the song income (usually between 15% and 50%).
So no, you can't legally sample something (no matter what the length) unless you've cleared that sample with both the owner of the song and the owner of the sound recording.
What Parents Need to Know. Parents need to know that Beatstar is a music game for iOS and Andriod devices. Kids can potentially make some purchases for the game -- such as gem packages for $0.99 to $99.99 -- but can also play for free.
- Garage Band.
- iMachine 2.
- Korg Gadget 2.
- FL Studio Mobile.
- Akai iMPC Pro.
- Model 15 Moog Modular Synthesizer.
- The Metronome by Soundbrenner.
- Get your music recording gear together.
- Learn basic music theory.
- Understand the basic elements of songwriting.
- Set up your recording area.
- Learn music production skills.
- Get familiar with mixing and mastering.
- Promote your music for distribution.
8 GB is plenty for the majority of music production processing. 16 or 32 GB can help if you plan to work with the large sample libraries that are needed to emulate acoustic instruments realistically. But think twice before you pay steep prices to max out your computer's RAM.
The MacBook Pro 14-inch remains our top pick as the best laptop for music production. Coming with either an M1 Pro or M1 Max chip, this versatile machine is an incredibly powerful laptop that can handle even the most complex projects with ease.
- Audacity. Audacity is the original free DAW. ...
- Garageband. ...
- Ableton Live Lite. ...
- Tracktion Waveform Free. ...
- Pro Tools First. ...
- Ohm Studio. ...
- Cubase LE. ...
- Roland Zenbeats.
- FL Studio Mobile.
- N-Track Studio 9.1.
- Caustic 3.
- Audio Evolution Mobile.
- G-Stomper Studio.
- Groovepad – Music & Beat Maker.
The difference between a beat maker and a music producer is that the beatmaker makes hip-hop and rap beats, whereas a music producer is less specific and can make any kind of music. The word, “music producer,” can also refer to someone who helps develop an artist and their musical projects.
A metronome is a device that produces a click at a regular interval of time. You can set how fast you would like it to go based on beats per second.
The artist who crafts the beat is the producer (or beatmaker), and the one who crafts the rap is the MC (emcee).
- GarageBand (iOS) ...
- Groovebox (iOS) ...
- Figure (iOS) ...
- BandLab (Android/iOS) ...
- Suggester (iOS) ...
- Beat Maker Go (Android/iOS) ...
- n-Track Studio DAW 9 (Android/iOS)
The truth is, you can actually create wicked rap, dubstep, and all kinds of music beats with programs you can purchase online and use right away on your computer. Here I want to highlight some of the best beat making software so you can learn how to make beats with a few clicks of a mouse.
Beta Beats is the first Windows 10 truly universal client for the popular music streaming server Subsonic.
He, basically, uses three DAWs: FL Studio 11, Pro Tools, and Logic Pro X. You can find several pictures and videos online of Scott using these DAWs while creating his music in the studio. Travis clearly uses autotune plugins in a way that sounds pleasing to your ears.
FreeBeats.io is a resource for up-and-coming rappers, singers and content creators who are seeking free beats and instrumentals for their multimedia projects.
Serato Studio is the go-to DAW for beat making. Studio's sample-based workflow removes all the technical clutter so producers can get right into the flow. Its powerful and intuitive interface is clean and simple, allowing producers of all levels to make heavy-hitting beats fast. Serato Studio 1.7.
- Step 1: Define your vibe. ...
- Step 2: Create a bass line. ...
- Step 3: Add in the drums. ...
- Step 4: Add melodic elements. ...
- Step 5: Fill in the gaps. ...
- Step 6: Expand the beat. ...
- Step 7: Mix and master your beat.
- Splash - Music Beat Maker: Record Your Own Songs. ...
- Groovepad - Music Beat Maker. ...
- HIP HOP BEAT MAKER. ...
- Rap Beat Maker - Recording Studio. ...
- Beat Maker Pro - music maker drum pad. ...
- Easy Drum Machine - Beat Machine Drum Maker. ...
- Groove Mixer Music Beat Maker Drum Machine.
The brand's continued success helps bring the energy, emotion and excitement of playback in the recording studio back to the listening experience for music lovers worldwide. Beats was acquired by Apple Inc. in July 2014.
The minimum system requirement for the Beats app is Android 8.0 Oreo or later. Note: The Beats app is not optimized for Android tablets. On your Android phone, tap Play Store (or go to the Google Play website), then search for the Beats app.
Many producers also use Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Cubase or Protools or Studio One.
That said, 40 has a preference when it comes to DAWs that he uses to produce Drake's music, and they are: Avid Pro Tools. Ableton Live. Steinberg Cubase Pro & Steinberg WaveLab.
That's why having quality sound is important to any artist's career in 2022. Rap beats are created through instruments such as drum machines, the keyboard, pianos, turntables, and samplers. Although technology is not an instrument per se, it plays a vital role in producing today's hip-hop music.